Monday, October 21, 2013

ITD 15 - 5km jog from Raffles Place - Esplanade - MBS

Summary of my MIA-ness:
ITD 12 - Aerobic Dance

ITD 13 - Sabbath Day! The seventh day, the rest day, the Lord's Day, the sign between He and us. Chilled out with my church friends and had an unexpected, luxurious meal.






Very sinful indeed. :(

I was too phobic to have my figure rebound. Upon returning home, I came across this interesting aerobic dance video and acted it out for an hour. It was sooo fun and effective! Sweated like crazy and really stamina-challenging!


After all the conventional exercises that you had repeatedly done for a period of time, there is an urge for you to make variations and add some spice into your routines! Or even for improv and try out something new!

ITD 14 - Rest day from ITD! (Recommended to rest or do only light exercise a day before a heavy one.)

ITD 15 - 5 kilometers JOG from Raffles Place - Esplanade - MBS. This marks a milestone in not only my sports arena, but also my life! I never try jogging this distance before, let alone finishing it in 35 minutes!

I usually jogged at 7.5 km/hr in gym, over a distance of 3km. If you calculate the speed, I have vastly improved to a speed of 8.57 km/hr! 

Partly owed to my encouraging sporty mates along the process! :D

Three take-homes my sporty mates and I picked up after the jog:

  1. You jog better & smoother if you avoid intensive & heavy exercises a day or two before! (physically tested)
  2. Jog constantly and at a slightly faster pace! The slower you jog, the easier you get exhausted.
  3. Divert your attention. Talk to your sport mate along the way. This can keep you active and distract you from the exhaustion building up below. Alternatively, you can focus on the details of the surrounding and scenery! (Change location to jog once in a while. Surprisingly, you will start to find how beautiful Singapore can be!) 
One of my sport mates actually sighed happily, praising about the beautiful scenery around Singapore River. He was 150 kg and now 85 kg after merely 10 weeks of continuous exercise and healthy diet.

He felt much more lighter after shedding half of his weight! Moreover, he is also very inspiring and determined that he would never want to rebound back to what he was in the past. Really happy for him! 

Good news: My waist had trimmed down to only 26 inches! As of last week's 27 inches. Everyone around me started to notice the difference in me - not my waist, but sharper chin! ;)

I am not underweight. It still remains the same. Wonder where my fats went to! :D

As mentioned a few times before, it all boils down to your diet. Do you know? Your body shapes in the way that 80% is based on your diet and only 20% is based on your physical exercise and calorie-burning activity!

Seriously I ate as usual everyday. Nothing changes except the exclusion of supper! It really makes a big difference. Ask every slim and tummy-flat people. 

I know eliminating supper from your regular diet can be a tough one. However, you must understand the utmost fact that if you keep having this bad habit, you will NEVER IMPROVE!

In fact, it is common for people to mistake 'thirsty' for 'hungry'.

I have pulled it through and felt much healthier now! Keep drinking water after 7 p.m.. Alternatively, you can have a piece of non-sweetened seaweed if you are really hungry. 

Remember to accompany it with early turn-in. 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. is the golden period of resting where your body is repairing itself sweetly. 

Share enough. Leave a comment at my post if you have any questions. I'll be happy to help! 

JIAYOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment