Friday, October 25, 2013

ITD 19 - Happy Bakery!

Before my Intensive Training Day moves on to the 20th 24 hours, which I probably won't work out much since it's the Lord's Day, let me carry out my regular duty by updating about my health progress for the past week! :)

ITD 16 - Revigorating
Joints stinged after 5 km the night before.

ITD 17 - Aerobic Dance 
Fun and effective as usual. Waist stabilises at 26 inches as usual. (Reminded me while I was sharing this 'victorious' result of losing 2 inches of mine last night. Felt awkward when I think back now as if I'm trying to hao lian or what but well... wasn't that intention. Haha)

ITD 18 - Challenge of 5.5 kilometers!
A friend of mine was supposed to join me in the healthy run but backed out last minute due to some appointment. It was quite a let-down. Nevertheless, since I was already there at Liang Court after my job interview, I might as well took the good opportunity to train up and appreciate the great scenery myself!

Luckily enough, my old old friend Tucky jio-ed  and recommended me to a vegetarian restaurant for dinner! Compensated for my minor disappointment earlier. It was called Zi You Zai near Boon Keng MRT. We ordered Hor Fun and Yi Mian.

Yi Mian @ $4

The place is convenient to locate. Food is decent, edible, being average is sufficient. The best thing about this restaurant is that it is valuable and not pricey like most others. Particularly salad stall where you can never understand why can they be so costly and overrated when there are more options to a healthy diet by our Eastern way.

It is undeniable that our society is too much blinded by westernization - be it lifestyle or diet - that we are starting to copy in every footsteps of theirs and determining the boring way (salad, like grass eating) as the healthy meal.

In fact, look at our Asian counterparts, were we ever obese compared to the West? Standing in a neutral point of view. In fact, our food may not be anywhere low in cholesterol or fats, but we definitely have a less fattening diet (on an average person) compared to theirs. 

It may not be righteous to say that we are more health-conscious than them. Surely everyone loves their body, just compare our diets in general.

At the end of the day, it all boils down on oneself to nourish your body system with the right variety of food necessary for healthy growth and lifestyle!

ITD 19 - Baking experiments!
 Bold attempts. Washed the baking tools and utensils like mad. It's all worth it! ;)

Chocolate Lava - drives you mental!

I only did it successfully after 3 attempts, with slight alternations each time, temperature and ingredients step-by-step. Fully utilized the existing resources at home - soon-expiring cocoa and hardly-used powder sugar. 

Patience is highly appreciated and returned in the process. The chocolate lava turns out great! It drove me crazy when the liquid of chocolate lava in the hot oven was oozing out! I immediately turned crazy and that was where you know you did it!

Gave it to my cocoa-maniac father. He absolutely loves chocolate! And worth mentioning, the culprit of all existences of different brands of chocolate bars at every corners of our home fridge. Apparently he liked it alot! :p

Fed my poor mommy some, even though she had enough of the kueh-like 'lava' beforehand. Keke...

Remembering my old old friend's belated birthday! Soooo... I baked a simple cake for him!

 Japanese cotton cheesecake - Took me one whole morning to bake this. Oven baking by itself took an hour plus excluding time for preparation and cooling down.

 That explains the relatively high-cost of this beautiful invention. Time is precious. 

I was glad to know that my church friends still missed my cotton cheesecake. M actually came telling me that she tried a cheesecake outside recently but immediately thought of my bakery which is deemed much nicer! I was so flattered but happy! Although the fact there was still room for improvement! :)

Other than my eye-candy baking fairytales,

we finally installed air-con!

Well, I'm considerably an environmentalist. At least, this identity is quite confirmed since my active participation and initiative in such advocates in my colorful uni days. It is time for my parents to enjoy a small luxury like this - especially given to the increasingly humid and warm weather, my mother was complaining about headaches and uncomfy and etc.

My parents were very excited and anticipated towards the arrival of 'air-con man'. Haha.. Weird enough, as I grow older I find them cuter. It is unexplainable.

How I wish I was the one who bought this mini luxury for them, instead of them spending their money of their own.

By this time, they were already happily enjoying being blown at by the newly-installed air-con.

I still remember when I was young, I kept pestering them the questions, "Why didn't we have air-conditioner?", "Why do we only have fans?". I was told we were poor to afford the seemingly-conventional materials, which in fact it was.

Although they may not be as highly-educated, they invested much efforts in nurturing us and teaching us the importance of education which they couldn't afford to enjoy during their eras.

To be a little thick-skinned, they are getting luckier each year as we each grew up to be capable children who did relatively well in their studies and career individually. 

There are many things I want to give them. That is why I want to have my job commerce soon and start being financially independent and capable. That is also why I set my visions towards aviation industry.

The other part of the reason is because of my intuition.. I feel that there is a compelling force telling me to head towards tourism-customer service-related industry, and next relating to business. I am not certain how it will turn out for me, frankly speaking. I am afraid that this decision of mine is somehow steered by superstitious factors.

However, one thing for sure, no matter where I go, He is watching and He will guide me along the way. I am sure every near-future journey of mine will benefit me in my further-future walking path.

I even thought of devoting my life into the ministry in my later age (since I may stay single forever), which my pastor and I incidentally discussed. He was quite surprised, since it was considerably rare for people to think towards this direction and let alone women. Nevertheless, he generously volunteered in giving me advices and links to more research into this area.

One thing he said is very true, "If God wants you, there is no way you can escape."

"That's why I'm here." I replied. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment